Let’s talk about the concerns with ingestible supplements. There is such a thing as too much with vitamins. Ingesting high doses of certain vitamins (like Vitamin A) may cause a condition called hypervitaminosis, also known as vitamin toxicity. Hypervitaminosis is often caused by taking large amounts of these vitamins over an extended period of time but can usually be reversed by discontinuing use of the vitamin in question. You shouldn’t mix supplements that contain the same ingredients to make sure that you’re not doubling up.